January 10, 2018
The mid-term evaluation arrangements for int'l Ph.D candidates (class 2016) are as follows:
I. Students concerned: the int'l Ph.D candidates (class 2016) who meet the requirements of mid-term evaluation.
II. Evaluation method:
The evaluation will be in held form of report meeting with your team members. The supervisors would be responsible for organizing the experts to evaluate.
The three experts should be in the discipline or similar disciplines: the supervisor could do as one, and two others shall be professors or associate professors with a Ph.D degree. The evaluation group would be appointed by the supervisor.
3. The students are required to fill in the “UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation” form (see attachment), and then the evaluation group shall fill out the comments, with precise suggestions for those who couldn’t complete the work as planned.
III. Evaluation process:
1. Online registration: please log in web site: gms.uestc.edu.cn, and apply for the mi-term evaluation. (Please find Guide file in attachment.)
2. Consent of supervisor: the supervisors are required to log in gms.uestc.edu.cn to grant the consent, and to organize the evaluation.
3. Consent of the school: after the report meeting, the students should submit the hardcopy of “UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation” (with signatures of supervisor and three experts of the evaluation group) to Graduate Management office (Room 222, Main building, Shahe campus) by July 12, 2018.
4. Notes: the uniform approval time of the school is July 12, 2018, which is officially recognized as the approval time for the mi-term evaluation of second half of year. GMS system will automatically calculate the time, and this time will be considered as the basis for application of the thesis defense, which is scheduled one year after the mi-term evaluation. As a result, please do complete the three previous steps by July 12, 2018.
1. "UESTC Ph.D mi-term evaluation" shall be printed according to requests.
2. With failure of mi-term evaluation, the students should redo the evaluation process in six months with guide of supervisor; The Ph.D study would be ended if two failures appear.
3. The application of the thesis defense would not be possible only one year after the mi-term evaluation.
V. Reminder of age limit of Ph.D candidates
1. In accordance with the “Provisions for graduate degree granting of UESTC”, mi-term evaluation shall be applied only one year after thesis proposal.
2. According to the “Management rules of graduate student of UESTC”, the doctoral study period shall not exceed six years.
3. The Ph.D candidates are required to respect the schedule of cultivation program, and complete the phases accordingly.
Graduate Management office
School of Information and Software Engineering